UBC Advanced Research Computing
UBC Advanced Research Computing (ARC) will provide expedited support for the acquisition and use of HPC resources, including public cloud, for research studies that meet the following criteria:
- Research involves drug, treatments, or medical devices that may be effective in treating or diagnosing COVID-19 with an immediate impact on addressing the pandemic;
- Research that can assist in the immediate tracking of disease spread at a local, national, or international scale;
- Research focusing on optimization of healthcare delivery in the community;
- Applicant is a UBC faculty member; and
- There is a need for high-performance computing.
Researchers looking for access to UBC ARC Sockeye, an on-premise HPC platform or access to public cloud computing resources and credits are encouraged to submit a request through the ARC website. The Cloud Research Specialist (Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org) can assist with meeting privacy and security compliance requirements using public cloud services.
Researchers looking for access to Compute Canada HPC and CC Cloud resources are encouraged to contact email@example.com, following the Westgrid Support for COVID-19 Research Projects guidance.
PopDataBC operates a Secure Research Environment, which is a virtual space enabling secure storage of data. UBC Researchers can access a project-specific space that provides all the standard tools needed for research, including statistical software and office tools as well as an ability to export research outputs. PopDataBC is currently offering this service to researchers who are working with sensitive data who need a secure location that will help them continue their research remotely. Charges for this service will be waived during while on-campus research is curtailed in the interest of supporting researchers. Please note that this service is not limited to people who request data through PopDataBC – it is available to all researchers. If you are interested or have questions, please write to SREinfo@popdata.bc.ca.