Current Canadian and other initiatives to support COVID-19 research are listed below.
CanCOVID: Canada's federally mandated, expert-led COVID-19 research response. It is an expert community of Canadian COVID-19 researchers, clinical collaborators, and healthcare stakeholders from across the country. Canada’s Chief Science Officer mandated the creation of CanCOVID to optimize Canada’s research response to the COVID-19 public health crisis. Researcher registration - received personalized notifications of government queries relevant to your research areas and a dynamic library of knowledge products.
Other Initiatives & Websites
- COVID-19 Clinical Research Coordination Initiative (CRCI) is a province-wide program aimed at creating innovative health systems and structures capable of capturing and collating collective input and feedback to enable the prioritization and coordination of COVID-19 translational research. Activities also include the coordination of research related activities, the identification of research gaps, sharing of resources and liaising with the provincial health system.
- BC COVID-19 Strategic Research Advisory Committee (SRAC) has been established to serve as a bridge between the Provincial Health Officer, government decision-makers and the health research community in BC in the specific area of COVID-19 research.
- COVID-19 Resources Canada is an initiative in its infancy being led by Guillaume Bourque, Professor, McGill University. It is intended to be a one-stop-shop for those who need COVID-19 resources and connect those who have the extra capacity (or materials) to offer.
- SSHRC Dashboard To support response to the COVID-19 pandemic, SSHRC has developed a dynamic and accessible database that highlights SSHRC-funded researchers with expertise on the human dimensions of the crisis as well as on longer-term recovery and resilience.
- The BC Academic Health Science Network (BC AHSN) is committed to providing BC’s health research community with the best possible provincial resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, and beyond. They have created a COVID-19 resource section including a COVID-19 research inventory.
- BC COVID-19 Clinical Trials Network As the clinical trial community in British Columbia mobilized in anticipation of COVID-19 trials, members expressed a strong need for a network to enable increased communications and learning to support their coordinated approach. Clinical Trials BC responded by hosting monthly meetings since the onset of the pandemic in March 2020,
- Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies COVID-19 Rapid Publication Working Groups The Institute has funded four new interdisciplinary teams working to produce rapid publications to address the challenges posed by COVID-19 and society's response to the pandemic.
- Innovative Medicines Canada's COVID-19 Resource Centre contains information on our members’ contributions to treating and eradicating COVID-19 as well as important resources and links.
- AI Against COVID-19 Canada is a special task force aiming to map and coordinate AI projects in Canada that can contribute to solve the COVID-19 outbreak and limit its impact on society.
- InfoEd Global is sharing a library of COVID-19 funding opportunities and resources at https://www.infoedglobal.com/COVID19/COVID-19.
- UK-based open innovation network Crowdhelix, in partnership with Science|Business, has launched a free service to help COVID-19 researchers connect with one another across the globe and find funding opportunities at https://network.crowdhelix.com/covid-19.
- The COVID-19 Data Portal was launched in April 2020 to bring together relevant datasets for sharing and analysis in an effort to accelerate coronavirus research. It enables researchers to upload, access and analyse COVID-19 related reference data and specialist datasets as part of the wider European COVID-19 Data Platform.
The following hashtags are being used on Twitter to pull together activities and resources for COVID-19 research in Canada